News Archives -- News Releases and NEWS NOW
pdf file opens in new window/tab
News and Releases
- African Swine Fever is a serious, highly contagious, viral disease. It can spread rapidly in pig populations by direct or indirect contact, and can persist for long periods in uncooked pig products, facilitating its introduction into new areas. Multiple outbreaks have been identified in China and other countries. Our ASF page has more info.
- Chris Rademacher said the opportunity to develop new conduits of information from Iowa State University to all pork producers drew him to the associate director position at Iowa Pork Industry Center.
- Space is limited for Sept. 10 PQA Advisor certification session in Ames. Applications are due Aug. 31 or when 30-person attendance is reached, and the $75 fee must be paid by approved applicants prior to the session.
- Less than two weeks remain to apply for our Sept. 10 PQA Advisor Certification session. Applications are due Aug. 31, and the $75 fee must be paid by approved applicants prior to the session.
- The opportunity to serve Iowa’s pork industry by working with Iowa Pork Industry Center was one Kristin Olsen just couldn’t pass up. The new extension program specialist at the Iowa Pork Industry Center said she’s passionate about pork production in general, and her recent experiences as both an undergraduate and graduate student at Iowa State University provided great background as she began her new role earlier this month.
Connect with IPIC
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org