Employee Training and Managing
pdf file opens in new window/tab
ISU information and research
Checklist for Iowa Agricultural Employers - ISU AG Decision Maker
Information, requirements, resources and filing deadlines for developing and using an employment plan.
Human Resource, Labor and Management topics - ISU Ag Decision Maker
Fact sheets, publications, newsletter articles and audio files with information on employee hiring, training and management.
Handbooks and personnel policies
- Developing and Implementing Sound Hiring Practices - Purdue University
- Fact sheets on selecting and hiring employees - National Pork Board
- Human Resource Tools - National Pork Board
Using these tools from Pork Checkoff, you can build a successful human resource management program that allows you to source, train and retain a quality workforce.
- Employee compensation and HR practices in pork production” report (2016-2017) - National Pork Board
- Hiring and managing farm labor - University of Missouri
- Principles and experiences in managing agricultural labor- Western States Farm Management Extension Committee
Safety of employees
- Employee Safety Toolkit - National Pork Board
Information on developing and implementing an employee safety program to help reduce accidents and injuries, including managing legal responsibilities of employers and training materials for employees.
Training of employees
- Employee training materials for safe pig handling - National Pork Board
Employee presentations, handouts, activities and evaluation in English and Spanish; support materials for employees and trainers.
- Pig Behavior and You
- Training and Handling Boars
- Moving Pregnant Sows and Gilts to Farrowing
- Weaning Sows
- Weaning Pigs
- Loading Market Hogs
- Human Resources Information- Pork Information Gateway
Fact sheets, handbooks and references on a variety of human resources topics.
- Labor Management in Agriculture - University of California
Book covering wide range of agricultural employee management topics.
Connect with IPIC