NEWS AND RELEASES/ NEWS NOW
Pork producers are invited to attend either of two workshops focusing on advanced swine reproductive management topics scheduled for next month in northwest and northeast Iowa. Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, Iowa Pork Industry Center and Iowa Pork Producers Association are sponsoring the seminars in Le Mars and Waverly.
How does a person who grew up in small Iowa towns, graduated from Iowa State University with a B.S. in forestry, and worked with the U.S. Forest Service in the Idaho Panhandle National Forest doing wildland firefighting become the university’s swine farms manager? Just ask Jeff Hartwig, who’s been in that position since October.
Two Iowa State University undergraduate students have spent the past 10 months actively participating in the National Pork Board’s social media campaign, #RealPigFarming. See how Lexi Marek and Katlyn Kahler help connect consumers with farmers who share their story of pork production on the blog “PorkCares.”
- Iowa Swine Day June 25 to Tackle Key Topics of Interest to Pork Industry (4/22/15)
The world protein supply, preparing for new swine diseases, and other pork production-related issues will be some of the topics covered June 25 at Iowa State University’s fourth annual Iowa Swine Day.
- Iowa Pork Regional Conferences Offer Health, Audit and Traceability Information (2/3/15)
Iowa pork producers are invited to learn more about disease preparedness and traceability, development and implementation of common industry audits, and swine health research at the 2015 Iowa Pork Regional Conferences later this month.
- PorkBridge and SowBridge Program Registrations Now Open (1/2/15)
SowBridge, for people who work with boars, sows and their litters, begins its seventh year, and PorkBridge, for those affiliated with grow-finish facilities, begins its ninth year, both in early February 2015.
- 2015 National Swine Industry Federation graduate student award (12/16/14)
For Iowa State University animal science graduate student Dinesh Thekkoot, being named winner of the 2015 National Swine Industry Federation graduate student award was both encouraging and exciting.
NEWS NOW from IPIC is an electronic e-newsletter sent 25 times annually to those who request it. All issues also are posted here as .pdf files. Add your e-mail address to the NEWS NOW list.
- Vol. 15, no. 2 (May 11, 2015)
- Vol. 15, no. 1 (April 27, 2015)
- Vol. 14, no. 25 (April 13, 2015)
- Vol. 14, no. 24 (March 30, 2015)
- Vol. 14, no. 23 (March 16, 2015)
- Vol. 14, no. 22 (March 2, 2015)
- Vol. 14, no. 21 (February 16, 2015)
- Vol. 14, no. 20 (February 2, 2015)
- Vol. 14, no. 19 (January 19, 2015)
- Vol. 14, no. 18 (January 5, 2015)
- Vol. 14, no. 17 (December 8, 2014)
News releases |2015|